I am basically testing out the app on my phone, and as a result you get a bonus post!!
I got this idea off Pinterest (I’m sure you’ve seen it) but I didn’t follow the recipe at all. I know this is supposed to be the golden rule of cooking…but I hardly ever follow recipes exactly. And I’ve gotten better at cooking! I don’t know about you, but this is surprising. Maybe that’s the secret of all great cooks: winging it. Aha! I’ve figured it out!
So, I winged this recipe, and it came out great! Smelled awesome…and is great by itself or paired with some pasta or garlic bread. If you’re not interested in winging it quite yet, here’s an estimation of what I did so you can try to recreate it!
Adapted from Amazing Pinterest World
6 chicken breasts (frozen ready to cook worked great)
1 pint cherry or grape tomatoes (really any tomatoes you have would work fine)
1 pkg fresh basil (or if you only have dried I think it would work out okay too)
1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
1 cup mozzarella cheese
1. Prepare 13×9 glass baking pan and preheat oven to 350˚
2. Place chicken breasts in the bottom of the pan. Cover with chopped tomatoes and basil.
3. Sprinkle entire dish with balsamic vinegar.
4. Bake for about a half hour until the chicken is thoroughly cooked and the flavors meld. Cover dish in mozzarella and brown cheese for another 10-15 minutes.
5. Serve with garlic bread and/or pasta! Yummy!